Health, Safety & Environment
At Tom Jones Corporation, we recognize the importance of workplace Health & Safety and have developed a leading-edge, best practice-based Health & Safety Program to keep our work sites safe. Our goal is to lead by example in an inherently hazardous and risk filled industry.
Every member of the Tom Jones Corporation workforce knows our Health & Safety policies and procedures. Health & Safety programs are built with a pragmatic, people-focused approach and are about keeping employees, subcontractors and site visitors safe. Our people understand that safety is their primary responsibility and are required to report any concerns immediately
Key elements of our Health & Safety program include:
- Ensuring Tom Jones Corporation people are informed, accountable and committed to Health & Safety;
- Encouraging quick reporting and prompt action when Health & Safety concerns arise;
- Actively participating in safe work practices training;
- Complying with all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice for the industry;
- Auditing, assessing and reporting regularly on Health & Safety standards;
- Consistently working to eliminate work-related injuries by proactively managing hazards.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Labour, W.S.I.B. and Infrastructure Health and Safety Association to implement safe workplace recommendations.
- Providing or arranging accommodations for Ontarians including people with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please contact us should you require an alternate format of this Program and Policy.
As a result of Tom Jones Corporation’s roots in Northern Ontario, we have a deep appreciation of what makes this region truly unique.
As a company, we contribute positively to the communities where we live and work. Our community engagement activities range from promoting local employment and procurement, creating skills and training opportunities, and volunteering for various Boards and Committees. In addition to playing a leadership role in the regional economy, we also support numerous charitable causes that complement our corporate values.
Tom Jones Corporation provides charitable donations to projects that support the health and well-being of local people through a variety of healthcare and education initiatives. Projects local to our main operations or connected to the industries in which we operate receive priority consideration.
Specifically, Tom Jones Corporation funds applications from charities and non-profit organizations in Northern Ontario that support :
- Health & Well-Being
Some examples of organizations and projects that have been funded by Tom Jones Corporation include:
- Boys & Girls Club of Thunder Bay
- City of Thunder Bay P.R.O Kids
- Easter Seals of Thunder Bay
- George Jeffrey Children's Centre
- Confederation College Student Bursary Award
- Lakehead University, Civil Engineering Scholarship
- Lakehead Public School Board
- The Lakehead Learning Foundation
Health & Well-Being:
- Alzheimer Society of Thunder Bay
- Camp Quality
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
- United Way of Thunder Bay